Tuesday, November 30, 2010

...but the fire is so delightful.

Just a quick post today, I had some snow-related running around to get done. We had another whirlwind day, moving forward in some key areas. To sum up:

  1. I gave out math review sheets for this chapter (patterns) that can be completed in the same fashion as previous chapters. I have finished evaluating the math DuoTangs, and will bring them in tomorrow to put these sheets into.
  2. We finished Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing today, and I sent home their worksheets to get signed. Each has a detailed evaluation rubric attached, and should be returned (signed) tomorrow.
  3. Book reports are coming along well, and we have started writing a new process piece in French. This means brainstorming, pre-writing, drafting, editing, etc. 
  4. We are moving along quickly through the digestive system (no pun intended) with the intention of working on a big project that will encompass all we are learning.
  5. Music classes will not be going ahead as scheduled as we are leading up to Christmas Concerts, so I will be conducting some music activities in class. I welcome any suggestions from students or parents about activities that would be fun. I also would encourage any student to organize to bring in an instrument they play or a piece of music they enjoy.
I have finished compiling the corrected rubrics from November's book reports, and will give them out tomorrow to any students who had requested them. Also, I have put together a list of all the useful websites I have posted in the last couple months. If you would like a copy of this list, please email me. 

Sorry for the brevity of this post, I promise I will pick it up tomorrow! A final note; please send in completed School Council surveys tomorrow as well. If this is the first you've heard of the survey, please check your child's agenda.


No comments:

Post a Comment