Thursday, September 9, 2010

Desks, Dictionaries and Dice

I am happy to say I have been able to free up more space in the class (didn't think it was possible!), which hasn't gone unnoticed. We also gave out class jobs today for the first time, which will be done weekly from now on.
I will also have a schedule drafted tomorrow that I will send home. I can tell you now that the class will have Music on Friday and Gym on Monday
I will be having each student maintain a personal dictionary that will be made up of words they ask me to translate in class. I will write it on a sticky note (or have them look it up if time permits), after which they will be asked to transcribe it into a designated pink half-notebook.
I have been/will be using dice a lot early in the year, as a numeracy tool and to give ideas of fractions, proportions, chance, etc. Here is a link that outlines some games you can play at home to help build numerical awareness.

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/dice_games.htm

If anyone still has forms left to come in to me, please try to get them in as soon as possible.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment