Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weekend Update

The view from home, back when there was no snow.
As promised, a few updates on the weekend. I'm glad to have finally submitted marks for the report cards that will be coming out in a couple of weeks; back to real life I guess! It gave me a great opportunity to reflect on the things we have been doing since the fall reporting period, and make some plans and changes going forward. With a limited amount of time left in the year (believe it or not), it's time to really start bringing some of the things we have been learning to their apex.

To this end, I will be bringing back a few things from earlier in the year and also introducing a few new wrinkles. I am going to start assigning Words of the Week again, as well as a weekly grammar/syntax rule. There are a few things that crop up repeatedly, so I think it is worthwhile to focus on them one at a time. I appreciate all the help you have been giving your children at home. Trust me, it really helps keep things moving in class, and impresses the importance of dedication and hard work on the students.

Here is a good link I found the other day; it has many activities to help with grammar conventions and related topics. Now that students have really started to increase their written and creative output in class and at home, I think it's time to polish the little details.

http://classroom.jc-schools.net/basic/la-grammar.html

Learning Planet, which can be accessed via some of the links on that site, is a great resource as well for improving skills and having fun.

http://www.learningplanet.com/

I will put up a couple more links tomorrow. If you have any questions, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment