Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back on the Blog

After a bit of a lapse due to some factors that I won't go into now (ahem, stupid computer, ahem..), I am happy to be back on the blog. The end of last week was a whirlwind of activity, as we really start to hit our stride post-Christmas. I don't know if it is the snowfall or what, but the class seems quite invigorated and has been doing some really good work lately.

In particular, I am happy to see progress on recurring projects like book reports and math tests. I had worried that familiarity would breed contempt, but it seems as though it has actually made most students more comfortable in their work and more willing to ask questions and push the envelope in terms of the content and execution of their work. I also see this during their seatwork, where their comfort with the routine is allowing them to get more completed, more quickly.

My prep period is drawing to a close, but I will have a longer post at the end of the day with some links we have been using in class. I apologize for my absence, and please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment