I don't have time for a long update now, but there are a few housekeeping things to mention:
- Congratulations to those who completed the math activity I posted over the weekend; I saw the effect in the results of your practice quizzes!
- Tonight's question in the green "Questions" notebook is "Where does my food come from"? The students have a brainstorming list we created in class about food supply, as well as a list that outlines what they ate over the course of a day. I have encouraged the class to find out as much as they can about the origins of their food, including packaging and additives.
- The math test has been postponed until Wednesday to allow for some more review.
- Please continue to review verbs and spelling nightly; there will be an activity in class Friday to review these formally.
- New idea for a multiplication game! Roll two dice and multiply the numbers. For added difficulty, add more dice or go for double-digits. I would suggest you discuss what patterns are apparent, and predict what numbers will be most common, etc.
- It has been suggested that students, if they belong to some organization, wear a uniform for the Remembrance Day assembly.
- Please continue to send in School Picture order forms as they are completed.
- Scholastic should be here by next week, they have sorted out the mistake with our order.