Friday, October 8, 2010

Gobble Gobble



I've decided to keep tonight's post brief, as I will be doing a large post tomorrow with information for the upcoming weeks. There are still a few things I need to sort out tonight after having spoken to the class, so I will let you know all about that tomorrow. For now:
  1. Book Report guidelines have been sent home. We discussed these at length in class, and everyone seems interested. I've asked them to have a book with them on Tuesday that they want to review.
  2. I didn't sent home reading journals over the long weekend, but obviously I still want them to be reading throughout their break.
  3. The students have a surprise coming on Wednesday as a result of having filled up their container of tokens for good behaviour.
  4. The next Monopoly Money auction will be next Friday.
  5. Thanks to parents who have contributed books to the classroom library and small prizes to the pool of auction items. Any and all such contributions are much appreciated by the students and I.
  6. I will start assigning weekly word lists and verbs beginning next Friday. Since next week is short and I will be at a conference next Thursday and Friday, I decided this was the best course of action. I have been focusing on vocabulary and verb acquisition in class instead.
  7. Our next math unit is 3 and 4-digit addition and subtraction
  8. The class terrarium should be up and running before long!
  9. We elected a class representative for the Student Council today. Congratulations to all the candidates who ran.
Please check back tomorrow afternoon, since I will be uploading a more detailed post tomorrow morning. Have a great long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment