Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thoughts after the first day

I'm happy to say we had a lot of fun on our first day! A few tears, lots of questions, too much paperwork and the usual array of first-day jitters and mixups. You will find a letter in your child's bookbag clarifying the new traffic laws at Beachy Cove Elementary, which should help clarify any issues we had today. As I mentioned in my previous post, there are also number of other forms and one piece of writing that I would like you to sign/complete and send back tomorrow.

For the rest of the week we will focus on introducing the major elements of this year's curriculum and doing some fun activities to get everyone in the mood for learning. I hope to do a few simple science experiments, math games and read-alouds to this end.

I have embedded a link to the Canadian Parents for French website. It has a huge amount of great resources and is something I use constantly as a reference.

http://www.cpf.ca/eng/home.html

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight, and talk to you soon. Feel free to leave comments if you have any questions or ideas, and I can always be reached at sampaterson@esdnl.ca

Thanks,

Sam "Monsieur" Paterson

No comments:

Post a Comment